Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mathy music + plus signs

We went to see Maps + Atlases last night - it was great! I thought it would be fitting to wear my plus-sign print dress to see a somewhat math-rock sorta band. It was such a small, warm little show, and they played the perfect mix of old and new songs. Also, I drank lots of chai-infused whiskey and danced until my body hurt, haha.
OUTFIT DETAILS:
math dress: H+M
belt, sweater, oxfords: thrifted
brooch: handmade (I can't seem to stop wearing this one, haha)

I don't know if it was the chai whiskey (it was) but I started to feel all giddy and one-with-everything. I started thinking about how crazy it is just to EXIST at all, and how silly it is to spend any of this time we have worrying (I worry lots) or being self-conscious. So I danced like mad & conversed with as many strangers as I could. It's like a natural physical reaction to music, dancing. So when you're at a show, and nobody's dancing, it's like, why are you all restraining yourselves? dance! It's good for you.

-Elizabeth

9 comments:

  1. Just found your rad little blog the other day! I'm loving that dress on you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you! :) and super thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. that's an adorable dress! this print is underrated, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! and, definitely underrated. I've even been trying to use the ol' plus sign more when I type, instead of my usual ampersand, and, I like what I see.

      Delete
  3. I love that dress! The whole outfit is fab with all the little accessories xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I feel like I always stick to the same accessories - I should probably change it up more, haha.

      Delete
  4. I love love this post. Totally know what you mean about dancing...sometimes I feel so silly dancing and sometimes I get so into it I totally forget about everything, insecurities, worries, concerns it all falls away! It's so freeing :) Love this dress on you, adorable! I am mailing your letter out soon btw! :) Sorry it's taking so long, I've been so caught up doing my art-a-day project- it's been challenging to fit everything in!

    ~Alyssa
    www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! that must be so intense, your art-a-day project. I would get so stressed out, I think. and, yes! dancing without being self-conscious is super awesome. I watched an interview with David Byrne and he said "music is very physical, and often the body understands it before the head." and I really like that.

      So excited to receive your letter!!

      -Elizabeth

      Delete
  5. So not only do I love this outfit, but I love Maps + Atlases! Seriously, everything about this is about this so cute.

    And one of these days I have to buy a brooch from you, I love them all! If you ever want a blogger to review one for you... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...