Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Portland Ghost Adventures.


A couple weekends ago, Franklin and I took a spontaneous mini road trip to Portland to meet up with two of our really good friends. We stayed at a haunted hotel, and drank lots of whiskey, in hopes that it would aid in fending off ghosts. We explored the "Hawthorne" neighborhood with our dear friend Joe, where he showed us an amazing bookstore (where I bought those sweet Oregon edition field note books), and some tasty-fine breakfast. I really really REALLY like Portland. Like, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since we left. We're going to try to make it a regular (perhaps monthly?) trip. Maybe we'll have game nights with Joe, and play nerdy board games, and maybe I will participate in a famicom-playing night that Franklin & Joe dreamed up long ago - in which they would pick out an obscure Famicom game once a week and play through it together. (speaking of which, have you seen these videos? SO GREAT! I want to watch them all, heehee). We also said farewell to our friend Shelby, who is going to live in Brazil for 2 months to live and work on an organic farm! How exciting and romantic, teehee.

And, you can't go to Portland without getting a maple-bacon bar, right? :)

-Elizabeth
PS: Congratulations to Remi on winning the brooch giveaway!! :)

7 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! I'm super jealous; I want to visit Portland so badly. Hope you get to make it a regular thing! Especially if there are board game nights involved :)

    Also, red gingham dress! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man, you totally should! Portland is super fun - I love the atmosphere of the place. and, thank ya! I walked past someone in the same dress, but in blue! haha.

      Delete
  2. Aw, you and Franklin are just so cute. I love that you went on this little adventure, it sounds like so much fun!!!! I have thought about traveling out to Portland- it just sounds like such a wonderful, quirky little city. One that an artsy-fartsy person like me (I think) would quite enjoy. I loved reading about your little trip, and that donut shop is just too funny! :)

    P.S. Lovin the red gingham on you, just so adorable, Elizabeth!

    ~Alyssa
    www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man, you would totally dig it :) it's definitely quirky, & feels like a safe haven for the artsy sort, for sure. and some places have their own sort of vibe, and some places, the people feel too-cool & sort of distant, but this felt like a super friendly place. you can always tell by how the local drivers treat the pedestrians, I think. haha :)

      Delete
  3. What a great adventure :D Also, I remember seeing Voodoo Donuts on some food network show, and it looked super tasty! I'm a big fan of maple bars, the addition of bacon sort of terrifies me haha.

    Vanessa {Found & Kept}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yeah... it's terrifying and fascinating all at once. oh, and delicious, too. and confusing.

      Delete
  4. Too cute! Love your dress & I'm jealous of the VooDoo donuts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...